Wednesday, June 27, 2007

soaked


i was just owned by a thunderstorm. before going into my leasing office, the rain wasn't so bad, then leaving i had to run as fast as i could for about 10 seconds before diving into my car. and was head-to-toe completely drenched. i did manage to keep my free popcorn dry though. priorities.

for some reason i thought i should just get home before the storm got worse... and i could not see more than three feet in front of my car which is ridiculously nerve racking--even while going 35 mph. then a random tree branch fell on me and my car--poor Rhonda.

then i thought i was going to be swept off the road since it looked like a river was flowing perpendicular to the road and it was getting hard to steer so i finally pulled over into one of the MSU research driveways and chilled with a van for a minute. then rain kinda, sorta, not really let up and a cement truck with huge lights on the back of it drove by, so i made my move onto the road again and got behind that monster so i could see a little further ahead of me.

when we (the cement truck and i--since we're buddies now) drove under the bridge, it was like a block party filled with random cars, motorcyclists, and bikers (we have a lot of hardcore bicyclists on my road). i would have joined the party too, and all, but i was only like a minute from home so i just continued on. i have never been happier to see my driveway. the end. i am still wet. yuuuck

No comments: