Thursday, February 7, 2008

just call me disaster


I ran into a desk in class last week (an armrest to be exact). What are those things made out of these days? Steel? The armrest went into my thigh but I could have sworn I was punched in the stomach simultaneously, as I was doubled over and gasped for breath immediately following. The bruise has made a transition from black and blue to yellow and green. I'm counting it as a blessing that it's winter though and not summer right now.

In other news, the lack of an eighth of my bumper is a constant reminder of a failed attempt at a U-turn the other day. For the record, this is the only time I've ever been hit/hit something in 5 years of driving. Cheers to five years of skillful driving! Let's just say, this pole came out of no where. Unlike the armrest, this pole actually was made out of steel when it should have been made out of... Nerf.

Got out the door right on time this morning to start up my car, turn on the defrost, and begin to shovel the 8 inches of snow off my car with my baby car scraper. Fifteen minutes later, I declared my car drivable but forgot something in mi casa. Went back in, came back out, yanked on my door handle. Locked.

Unfortunately, I don't have any spares on me. Fortunately, I have an amazing mother that cancels meetings to drive her spare out to me. I missed class, but I'm okay with that today.

----------------
Listening to: Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive

No comments: