Wednesday, September 19, 2007

thanks

Beau sent this prayer to me a couple days ago when I was distraught about my major:

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that, if I do this, You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.
--Thomas Merton

first off, there are no words to explain how much Brit and Beau encourage me daily in my walk. i love waking up to Brit's uplifting text messages and voicemails. aside from loving the Word, they remind me constantly of what a pure Christian relationship looks like and serve as my definition of a cord of three strands.

it's so fascinating how God lets us think that we have it all figured out, but in reality, we cannot even fathom the amazing future He's creating for us which is far from the present. for me, the most encouraging part of that prayer is that our desire to please God and follow Him exclusively and in everything we do is enough. enough for Him to mold into something great. Proverbs 3:6 is a promise that God will lead us in the right direction as long as we acknowledge Him. to acknowledge God is to obey Him in every dimension of our lives and desire to make His will for our lives number one priority.

i'm working this prayer into my morning routine as it reminds me that God will give us a single heart in our daily challenges as long as we are living to obtain His perfect and pleasing plans for our lives.

----------------
Listening to: Mae - We're So Far Away

No comments: