Saturday, December 22, 2007

a good email forward... oxymoron?

right now i'm in the process of training my mom to not pass along forwards or waste minutes of her life reading them.

most of them have pictures of little kids hugging, animated smiley faces, a kitten sleeping curled up with a dog, and an assortment of other cliche' images strung along with a cheerful little poem about spreading smiles. (all of this in a 12-pt Comic Sans MS.) "pass along to 20 people or else you will die... today... in 17 seconds."

despite my email forward bias, i was pleasantly surprised with a forward my mom recently shared with me. i have been fortunate enough to not have to deal with any devastating losses but i think it's a good reminder for when we do hit those inevitable times.

the following clip is a conversation between a boy and a Christian radio station from his small town in Nebraska.



...and i wanna hug this little tyke.

2 comments:

Brett said...

seriously?

seriously!?!


I was totally with you, thinking this is a great post... then you post THAT? Call me an insensitive a-hole (wouldn't be the first time), but I've seen that clip a couple times now and I think it's incredibly cheezy and most likely scripted.

sara d said...

whaaat, i know the background music is the corniest thing ever but Logan is precious.