Wednesday, June 11, 2008

flexico

Hey guys! I have to say after one week, Monterrey has been phenomenal! I've been so busy with intern stuff--and I've been wanting to contact everyone since I got here, but today was my first day off!

I live with one staff member, five nannies, and five other interns (down a little path and through a gate from the main Back2Back area). Everything here is amazing... the KIDS! are so fun, the staff, the missionary kids, the interns, the groups, etc.

I have so much to say about everything, but I'll limit myself to just posting a few pictures as there are currently two pool parties going on here with kids from Casa Hogar Douglas (CHD)! CHD is one of the many orphanages that Back2Back supports and is actually just one mile from Back2Back. Yesterday, I spent the morning at CHD serving breakfast, and then later spent half the day there organizing trench digging for a new water line that is being installed today.

First picture of the trip! :) Some fav missionary kids and their new nanny Jess.


The palapas, one of the pools, and the Guck's house at B2B. The mountains actually extend to the top of this picture but it was kinda cloudy that day.


At a tienda down the street--Diane, a food queen, in the foreground.


These pictures are out of order and my battery is about to die. This was from climbing yesterday at Huesteca. Ricardo and his friend.


After breakfast at CHD


Making necklaces at CHD


More necklace making.


And more necklace making under a palapa.


At Huesteca... the pictures do no justice to this place!

More Huesteca


High fiving for the ball ceremony at CHD.


Alexa at the ball handing out ceremony, all the kids got a ball and shirt after soccer camp.


I forgot her name... :( but she's holding Santiago or "Toto."

More pictures from a CHD breakfast.

And again at CHD breakfast.

A guy from the McCollum group this week with some kids at the pool at Huesteca.


A couple of my girls from bible study... we were given two machetes for our project. Good day.


McCollum himself heading up soccer camp.

Alexa and I at El Retiro Juvenil (ERJ)... she really likes taking pictures.

Cony and I at ERJ. She's actually a neighbor, not resident at ERJ.

Girl from McCollum group with a dead tarantula and frog at the new Rayitos de Luz property. Gross.

Limes growing at new Rayitos de Luz property. We were the first group to work at the new property and they hope to have the kids moved in by the end of June!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us!!! This gives us a great flavor for the kids and the things we will be doing when we join you in a few weeks! It looks like so much fun, and it is obvious that God is doing great things there.
You're in our prayers and we'll see you soon -
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie..
I can tell just by looking at your face just how good you are feeling about being there. And the kids looks so happy - that's what it's all about. I can't wait for your mom to join you and share in the experience, she's even more excited I think after looking at the pictures. Love you hon..

PS. Your car has never looked so good ;-)

Krystal

Dan Price said...

Awesome stuff. We are excited to join you!