Friday, July 4, 2008

week 4 endings

I had a really good last week as an intern here and spent pretty much the whole week with a high school group from Tennessee. Last night was our last night for all of the June interns to be together. We had been praying for rain all month as there hadn't been any major rainfall since we got here. Halfway during worship last night, it just started POURING! Everyone ran outside the palapa and danced and played in the rain all while still singing the worship songs. Afterwards, all of the interns walked through each of the three new buildings on campus (two new Hope Program houses and a clinic) and prayed and continued with worship in the buildings. It was the best ending for the month beyond what I could have ever imagined. God is good, so good. It has been raining here since last night.

This morning I went to see the interns off to the airport at 6am and then welcomed the July interns a few hours later after some delicious eats with some of the B2B staff and nannies. I have had a cold ever since last night in the rain... so if you could pray for a quick recovery on that so I can go full force for one more week, that would be phenomenal! :) I'm feeling all sorts of mixed emotions as I miss all of the amazing people I just got to spend the last month with but I am oh so stoked for Riverview to be here tomorrow night.

Below are a few pictures from the last week. Enjoy.

The morning of hiking to the natural waterslides... this is what 6am in Monterrey looks like (I'm not up that early too often).


On the hike to the natural waterslides with the Gucks (three kids playing in the background).


Me sliding down one of the natural waterslides.


Alva at one of the pool parties. She's gorgeous and was hoarding all of the water guns :)


Estefani and Dani at La Cadareyta.

Anji and I at La Cadareyta. Hopefully I'll get to see them all again on Sunday!

No comments: