Thursday, March 29, 2007

"God is my boyfriend"

"To love someone properly probably means that you won’t be very popular. Pure love, loving the way it was intended, is unfortunately a foreign concept to many. Love is messy. Love will involve hardship, demand patience, require forgiveness, test maturity, strain friendship, challenge priorities, refine character, ignite the heart and unleash the soul.
Love is not something you sing about, it’s the reason you sing. Love is not something you write about, it’s the reason you write. Love is not something you live to find, it’s the reason that you are alive."
-Mark Hart


And here's the letter that has affected all of my beautiful girls and myself. Honestly, ever since I read it, I began to live my life for it. Crazy! It's not even from the Bible, but Britt, Shandy, and I are slowly translating it line by line for text found in the Bible. I actually found some really good verses that parallel a couple points in the letter today. They're found in 1 Peter which I am reading for the first time and have to say that it is quite a cool book so far.

Oh yeah, and for my favorite letter in all-time which I am so grateful for reading: "The Perfect Love."

Everyone longs to give themselves

completely to someone. To have a

deep relationship with another, to be

loved thoroughly and exclusively. But

God, to the Christian, says no, not until

you are satisfied and fulfilled and content

with living, loved by me alone with giving

yourself totally and unreservedly to me,

to have an intensely personal and unique

relationship with me alone. I love you my child, and until you discover that only in

me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human

relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until

you are united with me- exclusive of anyone or anything else, exclusive of any other

desires or longings. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow me to give

you the most thrilling plan existing – one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have

the best. Please allow me to bring it to you; you just keep watching me, expecting the

greatest things. Keep that satisfaction knowing that I am. Keep learning and listening

to the things I tell you, and you must wait. Don’t be anxious, and don’t worry. Don’t

look around at the things others have gotten or that I have given them. Don’t look at

all the things you want. Just keep looking

off and away up at me, or you will

miss what I have to show you. And

when you’re ready I’ll surprise you

with a love far more wonderful than

any you could ever dream. You see,

until you are ready and until the one

I have for you is ready, you have to

wait. I am working this very minute

to have both of you ready at the same

time. And until you are both satisfied

exclusively with the life I’ve prepared

for you through me, you won’t be able

to experience the love that exemplifies

your relationship with me, and this perfect

love. And dear one, I want you to have

this most wonderful love. I want you to

see in the flesh a picture of your relationship

with me, and to enjoy materially and

concretely the everlasting union of beauty

and perfection and love that I offer you

with myself. I love you utterly; I am God

Almighty; Believe and be satisfied.

No comments: